Global Sustainable Electricity Partnership
Deadline: 8 Mar 2021 (annual)
Study in: Any Country*
Course starts 2021
The purpose of the ESED scholarship is to support outstanding students pursuing advanced studies in sustainable energy development and to encourage meaningful contributions to the collective body of knowledge about this subject.
*Any approved academic institution around the world. GSEP encourages the application of students pursuing studies in universities of the global South.
Level/Field of study:
Master’s Programmes in areas directly related to zero-carbon energy development, sustainable energy development, renewable energy and/or the power sector.
Number of Awards:
6-10 scholarships will be awarded annually.
Citizens of developing countries listed by DAC/OECD
Scholarships of US$ 21,000 per year for up to two years are offered for master’s level students.
To be eligible for this scholarship, prospective applicants must:
- • Undertake master’s-level studies in the fields of zero-carbon energy, smart grids, electric transportation, energy storage, advanced electricity technologies, public policy, economics, law, political science, or other relevant fields.
- • Pursue full-time studies for at least one full school year (two or three semesters), beginning in autumn 2021. Students in the second year of a two-year program are eligible to apply, provided that they meet this requirement.
- • Be a citizen of a developing country/territory on the List of official development aid recipients identified by the Development Co-operation Directorate (DAC) of the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD)
- • Be committed to returning to their home country/territory after their studies to contribute to its development
- • Be an outstanding student
- – Graduates with excellent grades in the top 20% of their class
- – Is committed to zero-carbon energy development
- – Has a history of community involvement
- – Is determined to advance their knowledge and understanding
Applications should be submitted together with required documents using the ESED Online Scholarship Application System. Deadline is 8 March 2021 however you are strongly encouraged to submit your file as early as possible.
It is important to visit the official website (link found below) to access the online application system and for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
Official Scholarship Website: https://www.globalelectricity.org/scholarship/